A cup of tea with a pleasant aroma and invigorating flavor enchants absolutely everyone mostly the tea lovers. The history of tea starts from ancient China. Centuries back tea was invented by a Chinese Emperor named Shen Nung. This idea came to his mind when dry tea leaves blew in his cup of boiled water. Chinese Buddhists introduced tea in Japan and that’s where it all started. Then tea was brought to India, America, Europe, and to the rest of the world. Now it is a beverage that is popular and the most consumed drink all over the world.
Black tea, green tea, and white or oolong are three generally known teas. Leaves used for producing teas are from a plant Camillia sinensis. Offering a cup of tea to a visitor has now become the norm. Right after dinner, most of the people would enjoy having some tea. Making a perfect cup has always been a subject people constantly talk about. It has been perceived that only those people who are in a habit of drinking tea can make it better, contrary to those who don’t. This brief article features 5 of perhaps the most important tips that can positively assist anybody to make a perfect cup of tea.
1. The first and very basic thing is the pot from which the tea will be made. Pots apart from earthenware and stain less steel can alter the taste of tea.
2. Use freshwater when making tea. Fresh water that is free of additives and impurities for instance chlorine is always ideal for tea. Additives and impurities really can alter the real taste of tea. Tap water may also be used if fresh water is not available. Wait for fresh and cold water to come after running the faucet for a while. Also make sure to boil this water first.
3. Commonly, in sub continents, tea leaves are boiled. But to get a much better taste and aroma, first, add tea leaves to the teapot and then put hot boiling water next. At that point, keep it that way for 4 to 5 minutes or so, for a good taste. Make sure not to overbrew for it will stain the water right after..
4. Now the critical point comes. Most people say that add the tea water first to the cups and then add milk to preserve the ratio. But from the scientific point of view, we should add milk first. Research workers from the UK Royal Society of Chemistry has revealed that adding milk to tea water raises the temperature of milk therefore denaturizes milk proteins which are harmful for health. By adding milk first, it allows water temparature to cool down.
5. Sugar is added at the end. Usually, tea should be taken with no sugar. As low amounts of sugar is good for your health and keeps the dentist away.
Now your perfect cup of tea is ready to serve. Tea has some great benefits to health in the ways that it decreases the threat of heart illnesses, cancer, and high blood. It can also help in avoiding bad breath and viral infections.
Author: Sam FlynnThis author has published 8 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.